Me, personally, am in Philly. Where I live on this thing called the hype machine: http://hype.non-standard.net. If some other peeps post I'll post more. If no one else posts, I'll just cry.
Edan here. I'm living (again) in Los Angeles with Patrick Brown, who is now my husband. (Woh). This fall I taught two fiction classes, one at my house and another at a bookstore; now I am working the holiday season at the Cheese Store of Silverlake. Sometimes I write. Sometimes.
i am in blacksburg virginia, where, in two weeks, i will be unceremoniously buried by freshman comp and creative writing portfolios. the scenery rules here: virginia tech is beautiful, remote, surrounded by mountains and the occasional hand-painted hokie (imagine a herky with turkey feathers). we have a house and a yard and lots of paved bike trails. had to put the demon on ice for a while; turning or trying to turn the ghost wife story into a novel. over and out.
As most either know or have already guessed, I'm in the Philly area-- a suburb in south jersey. Since living here, I've had more neighbors die of heroin overdoses (1) in my driveway than I had in 22 years in Philly. Otherwise, things are good. Dogs bark a lot, I watch the Eagles season go down in flames, I eat better than I used to because my old lady can afford real food.
And I teach at La Salle and Temple. The students make me hate them. My favorite sentence from the last batch of papers: "This helps prevent this."
Oh yeah, and I'm getting married in August. Send gifts. Big ones.
I'm in Philly, too. I share an office at Temple with Lee and TMC, actually. Our boss calls us The Iowa Boys. I haven't decided how I feel about that yet. But the office has a nice view, and a poster of Frank Zappa on the wall.
Unlike TMC, I live in the actual city of Philadelphia, with Carol (who has, amazingly, not left me yet). Though I sometimes go to Jersey to buy my booze.
Oh, and I found a crack pipe a few blocks from my apartment. So that was pretty exciting.
6 comments:
Me, personally, am in Philly. Where I live on this thing called the hype machine: http://hype.non-standard.net. If some other peeps post I'll post more. If no one else posts, I'll just cry.
Edan here. I'm living (again) in Los Angeles with Patrick Brown, who is now my husband. (Woh). This fall I taught two fiction classes, one at my house and another at a bookstore; now I am working the holiday season at the Cheese Store of Silverlake. Sometimes I write. Sometimes.
i am in blacksburg virginia, where, in two weeks, i will be unceremoniously buried by freshman comp and creative writing portfolios. the scenery rules here: virginia tech is beautiful, remote, surrounded by mountains and the occasional hand-painted hokie (imagine a herky with turkey feathers). we have a house and a yard and lots of paved bike trails. had to put the demon on ice for a while; turning or trying to turn the ghost wife story into a novel. over and out.
As most either know or have already guessed, I'm in the Philly area-- a suburb in south jersey. Since living here, I've had more neighbors die of heroin overdoses (1) in my driveway than I had in 22 years in Philly. Otherwise, things are good. Dogs bark a lot, I watch the Eagles season go down in flames, I eat better than I used to because my old lady can afford real food.
And I teach at La Salle and Temple. The students make me hate them. My favorite sentence from the last batch of papers: "This helps prevent this."
Oh yeah, and I'm getting married in August. Send gifts. Big ones.
I'm in Philly, too. I share an office at Temple with Lee and TMC, actually. Our boss calls us The Iowa Boys. I haven't decided how I feel about that yet. But the office has a nice view, and a poster of Frank Zappa on the wall.
Unlike TMC, I live in the actual city of Philadelphia, with Carol (who has, amazingly, not left me yet). Though I sometimes go to Jersey to buy my booze.
Oh, and I found a crack pipe a few blocks from my apartment. So that was pretty exciting.
I caught the bouquet at Edan Lepucki's wedding, even though no one will ever marry me.
Post a Comment