Good Morning, sixers.
I'm writing to let you know that Steve Grant, renowned filmmaker and Workshopper from the class of ought five, and I have started a new blog. The concept is quite basic; we each read the same book, and then share our thoughts with each other and the world. Between us, Steve and I have a bunch of disciplines to draw from--the worlds of poetry and literary fiction; cinema studies; media and cultural studies; gourmet cookery and the history of firearms. It's going to be fun! Some introductory posts are hanging out at:
http://slowmatch.blogspot.com/
Our first assignment is Thomas Harris's Hannibal Rising. We're going to talk about how the novel stacks up against the rest of the Hannibal saga. Also, we might discuss the very purpose of literature. We're reading our books now, but by Jan. 15 we'll have our analyses ready. After that, we hope to open the blog to comments, especially yours.
\KP
1 comment:
This blog looks great, Kiki! Such a good idea.
Post a Comment