April 10, 2007

Oughts to Read in IC this Thursday


Dearest of Oughts.

You ask after my whereabouts. I am in Iowa City, dividing my time between the IWP and the Otolaryngology department at the UI Hospitals & Clinics. Would that I were a poet/surgeon. The fact is, I am a professional communicator, an organizer of files physical and electronic, keeper of shipping labels, lover of fine flair pens, and writer of grant narratives. These are my jobs, and I like them.

Also: I am reading at Prairie Lights at 7 pm on Thursday. Julie Englander and the whole bit. I will be joined by four other fine poets, one of whom is an ought-sixer. All of us have poems in Best New Poets 2006, released by the University of Virginia Press last November. Readers shall be myself, Dina Hardy, Heather Gibbons, Drew Blanchard, and Jill Osier. Afterwards, there will be much feasting and celebration.

If you find yourself IC-side, please join us.
And check out the anthology. I am on page 4.

Yours in poetry,
KP

4 comments:

Mike Ingram said...

Congrats on the anthology, Kiki -- that's awesome. And good luck with the reading. I'll be there in spirit.

Anonymous said...

Patrick and I wish we could be there. Congratulations, Kiks!

Sobieski said...

Congrats again, Kiki. But what's up with the cover model? Who is that? Is that what a best new poet looks like? Why isn't Kiki on the cover? Or Nico? This man looks very much unlike Kiki or Nico. I don't trust his poetry. His poetry shows no nostrils. His glasses are CIA, but not in a cool way, and so is his poetry, probably. To employ an apt abbreviation: WTF?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lee. Wouldn't your beautiful 'fro be far cooler than this guy's forehead and glasses? Still, I am going to order this book from my local bookstore!